Forum OverviewDecember 30, 2021
The 6th Biennial Ottawa Immigration Forum was held on November 22 and 23, 2021 under the theme “Equity Matters in Ottawa: Policy, Practice and Potential” and over 380 OLIP partners and stakeholders participated. During the two half-day online forum, more than 20 speakers from across Canada reflected on the vulnerabilities experienced by immigrants and racialized populations during the COVID-19 pandemic, provided insights on their root causes, and shared ideas and opportunities for local action to improve equity in key areas. Numerous topics were discussed including:
- Lessons learned from the pandemic and the way forward
- Ottawa’s potential to achieve equitable outcomes
- Impact of the new federal mandate on Ottawa
- Role of municipalities in affecting positive change
- Immigrants’ access to quality jobs and safe workplaces
The forum was co-hosted by the Government of Canada, City of Ottawa, Ottawa Public Health, Reseau de soutien à l’immigration francophone de l’est de l’Ontario, Ottawa Health Team and Britannia Woods Community House.