Please join us for the Ottawa Immigration Forum!October 23, 2017
The Ottawa Local Immigration Partnership, in collaboration with the Champlain Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), Local Employment Planning Council, and the University of Ottawa’s Centre on Governance would like to invite you to the 4th Biennial Ottawa Immigration Forum.
Date/Time: Monday, November 20, 2017, 8 am to 2:30 pm
Location: Bayview Yards, The RBC Foundry, 7 Bayview Road
Theme: Pathways to Integration: Learning Forward
Registration: Please register by November 13, 2017. Sign up today as space is limited!
Upon registration, a final agenda will be sent to you. Material related to the forum will be posted on this website.
The forum will bring attention to key aspects of immigrants’ pathways to integration, including the centrality of employment to successful integration, challenges and successes in refugee resettlement and integration and the importance of collaborative planning across sectors to enable community-wide success.
Forum highlights include:
- Welcoming remarks by Mayor Jim Watson;
- Remarks by forum co-hosting partners:
- Alex Munter, OLIP Council Chair
- Chantale LeClerc, CEO, Champlain LHIN
- Ian Faris, President and CEO, Chamber of Commerce & Executive Committee Member of the Local Employment Planning Council;
- Keynote speech by Dr. Valerie Preston, Department of Geography, York University and Principal Investigator, Building Migrant Resilience in Cities;
- Linking policy and practice expert panel, moderated by Jennifer Ditchburn;
- Breakout sessions:
- Bridging Skills Demand with Immigrants’ Talent
- Refugee Settlement and Transition to Integration
- Exhibit showcasing OLIP partners’ programs that facilitate system navigation and connection with immigrants; and
- An opportunity to network with colleagues across multiple sectors.
Upon registration, a final agenda will be sent to you. Material related to the forum will be posted on OLIP’s website.
If you have any questions, please contact Suzanne Charest at Suzanne@olip-plio.ca or 613-232-9634, ext. 318.