Equity Ottawa is a partnership of organizations working towards equity and inclusion of immigrants and racialized people. Our partners come from the social services, health, education, child welfare, youth, justice and municipal sectors. Equity Ottawa is co-led by the Ottawa Local Immigration Partnership and Centretown Community Health Centre.
Equity Ottawa strengthens the capacity of local organizations to establish and achieve their goals related to equity and inclusion of immigrant and racialized communities.
Equity Ottawa’s efforts focus on:
Creating an enabling environment for organizations working to build their capacity to achieve equitable outcomes for all their constituents
- Creating greater awareness of the need for equity and inclusion.
- Encouraging collaboration among leaders.
- Encouraging leaders to provide sustained support and attention to collective progress toward equity and inclusion goals.
Establishing a supportive Community of Practice as a peer-learning space for equity and inclusion in Ottawa that enables practitioners and their organizations to:
- Feel energized and supported in continuing their work.
- Leverage field and academic knowledge in organizational change processes.
- Articulate common challenges, sources of resistance, capacity gaps and context-specific issues.
- Validate proven good practice in various domains of organizational change.
- Develop common language and establish shared goals.
- Identify and share available resources and opportunities with other like-minded practitioners and organizations.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of shared tools and strategies.
Developing and making supportive resources accessible to local organizations:
- Develop locally validated practices, resources, and strategies, and make them accessible to all Ottawa organizations through a web portal.
- Enable practitioners to access the knowledge and experience of others working in similar situations.
- Facilitate the adoption of joint strategies among local organizations to support collective learning, resolve common challenges and achieve systemic change.
- Support progress in all domains of organizational change.
- Increase the collective impact of local organizations’ efforts in the broader Ottawa community.
Organizations Involved in the Equity Ottawa Partnership
- Aphasia Ottawa
- Britannia Woods Community House
- Carleton University
- Centretown Citizens Ottawa Corporation
- Centretown Community Health Centre
- Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa
- City of Ottawa
- Lowertown Community Resource Centre
- Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
- Ottawa Local Immigration Partnership
- Ottawa Police Service
- Ottawa Public Health
- Somerset West Community Health Centre
- University of Ottawa
- Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
- Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa
- Champlain Community Support Network
- Children’s Hospital of eastern Ontario
- Christie Lake Kids
- Conseil des écoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario
- Crossroads Children’s Mental Health Centre
- Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre (OCCRC)
- Ottawa Catholic School Board
- Ottawa Community Housing
- Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization
- Pinecrest Community health Centre
- Public Service Alliance of Canada
- Rideau-Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre (RRCRR)
- Sandy Hill Community Health Centre
- South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre
- The Ottawa Hospital
- Unity Housing