Equity Ottawa is a partnership of organizations working towards equity and inclusion of immigrants and racialized people. Our partners come from the social services, health, education, child welfare, youth, justice and municipal sectors. Equity Ottawa is co-led by the Ottawa Local Immigration Partnership and Centretown Community Health Centre.
Equity Ottawa strengthens the capacity of local organizations to establish and achieve their goals related to equity and inclusion of immigrant and racialized communities.
Equity Ottawa’s efforts focus on:
Creating an enabling environment for organizations to strive toward greater equity and inclusion:
- Creating greater awareness of the need for equity and inclusion;
- Encouraging collaboration among leaders;
- Encouraging leaders to provide sustained support and attention to collective progress toward equity and inclusion goals.
Establishing a supportive Community of Practice as a peer-learning space for equity and inclusion in Ottawa that enables practitioners and their organizations to:
- Feel energized and supported in continuing their work;
- Leverage field and academic knowledge in organizational change processes;
- Articulate common challenges, sources of resistance, capacity gaps and context-specific issues;
- Validate proven good practice in various domains of organizational change;
- Develop common language and establish shared goals;
- Identify and share available resources and opportunities with other like-minded practitioners and organizations;
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of shared tools and strategies.
Developing and making supportive resources accessible to local organizations:
- Develop locally validated practices, resources and strategies, and make them accessible to all Ottawa organizations through a web portal;
- Enable practitioners to access the knowledge and experience of others working in similar situations;
- Facilitate the adoption of joint strategies among local organizations to support collective learning, resolve common challenges and achieve systemic change;
- Support progress in all domains of organizational change;Increase the collective impact of local organizations’ efforts in the broader Ottawa community.
Equity Ottawa Partners
Centretown Community Health Centre
Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa
City for All Women Initiative
City of Ottawa
Lowertown Community Resource Centre
Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
Ottawa Local Immigration Partnership
Ottawa Police Service
Ottawa Public Health
University of Ottawa
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa