2018 Welcoming Ottawa Ambassador Awards – Call for Nominations
The Ottawa Local Immigration Partnership (OLIP) invites you to nominate an individual who made a difference in your journey to a new life in Ottawa.
Think back to when you first arrived here as a newcomer to Ottawa, whether it was 20 years or 20 days ago. Was there someone who did something – big or small – to help you feel at home in our city?
Maybe a colleague who explained the ins and outs of the Canadian workplace, a teacher who inspired you to succeed, or a neighbour who was friendly and supportive.
It could have been someone who came from your country of origin and spoke your language, or someone who reached out to you from another generation or culture.
Tell us how this individual helped you. How did they go the extra mile to support your adjustment to life in Ottawa? Tell us the difference they made in your experience as you made Ottawa your new home.
Here’s how it works
- Think about someone you feel deserves recognition for helping you feel at home in Ottawa.
- Fill out this simple form. It asks you for your name, the name of the person you are nominating, contact information for both of you and a short description (a minimum of 200 words) of how he or she made you feel welcome in Ottawa.
- Note: To be eligible, the nominator must be an immigrant or a refugee, however the person being nominated (nominee) can be anybody. There is also no restriction on how long you have been in Ottawa.
- Submit the form online no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
- The Welcoming Ottawa Week Organizing Committee will choose several recipients of the 2018 Welcoming Ottawa Ambassadors Awards. These award recipients will be announced at a special event at the beginning of Welcoming Ottawa Week (June 18 – 30, 2018).
- If you and your nominee are selected, you may be called to participate in a photo shoot and to share your story. We will inform you of the exact date, time and location when we contact you about the selection.