Who We Are
The Ottawa Local Immigration Partnership (OLIP) is a multi-sectoral partnership involving 60 local organizations working on a shared vision and common priorities designed to build local capacity to attract, settle, and integrate immigrants in five sectors:
- Economic Integration;
- Health and Wellbeing;
- Language Training and Interpretation; and
- Socio-Civic Integration Capacity Development.
OLIP partners include the City of Ottawa, local universities and colleges, the four school boards, employers and employer associations, settlement, social, and health service providers, and regional planning bodies.
OLIP promotes strategic alignment of its partners’ plans and priorities, facilitates their collaboration across sectors, and mobilizes engagement and resources to develop effective responses to complex and persistent barriers and challenges. The ultimate shared vision of OLIP partners is to work together across jurisdictions to build a vibrant, prosperous, and inclusive national capital, strengthened by the contribution of immigrants.
- A prosperous city attained through greater participation of immigrants in Ottawa’s economy and labour market.
- A vibrant city achieved through diverse and cohesive cultural, intellectual, and civic perspectives.
- An inclusive national capital that upholds our tradition of public service and the Canadian values of multiculturalism and bilingualism.